Thursday, August 19, 2010

Motion and Resistance - The Real Key to Fat-Loss!

I think we can agree that you probably understand the concept of resistance training and the concept of putting your body in motion. The concept I want to address though is the way in which you can combine both of these things to get a real effective workout. Is your fitness and strength program dynamic and creative enough to get you big-time results?

I constantly have people stop me after I workout to ask me what I am training for. I always reply by asking them the same question. I always say that I just want to be as fit, healthy, and strong as I can possibly be. I also point out that I only have a limited amount of time to devote to working out and they are always shocked when I tell them that I only train 3 days a week, maybe 4 at the most for only about 45 minutes each session. The truth is that there is an effective way to do this and an ineffective way to do it.

Your training program should be dynamic and consist of a lot of movement-based lifts. For instance, instead of doing a machine chest press engage in a set of push-up rows (aka man-makers) with a set of dumbbells. By doing this you have to stabilize your body in order to perform a set of push-ups off of a set of dumbbells and incorporate a lat-row with every repetition. There is much more movement and stabilization involved in this exercise than you would ever get from doing a single chest press movement off of a machine. Kettlebells are also great. Instead of engaging in leg presses attempt a set of 30 kettlebell swings with a moderately heavy bell. Once again you are in motion while loading and a tensioning your body at the same time.

If you want to lose the fat and succeed in becoming as fit, healthy, and strong as possible then you must combine both elements of motion and resistance! Train hard.

To learn more about Kettlebells, Fitness, and achieving Total Mind-Blowing Strength come and visit me at http://www.efandps.com
To be one of my members and to receive more tips on INSANE BODY CONSTRUCTION please visit me at:http://www.efandps.com/www.efandps.com/Brandons_Members_Newsletter.html
I'm Brandon Richey the Strength and Conditioning Pro!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign Up To Get My Free Training Guide, Newsletter, & Training Tips!

Name
Email